The Digital Education Action Plan (2021-2027) is a renewed European Union (EU) policy initiative to support the sustainable and effective adaptation of EU Member States’ education and training systems to the digital era.
The Action Plan for Digital Education:
- Offers a long-term strategic vision for a high-quality, inclusive and accessible European digital education;
- Addresses the challenges and opportunities of the COVID-19 pandemic, which has led to an unprecedented use of technology for education and training purposes
- seeks to strengthen cooperation at EU level on digital education and underlines the importance of working together across sectors to integrate education into the digital age
- Offers opportunities, including improving the quality and quantity of teaching in the field of digital technologies, supporting the digitization of teaching methods and pedagogies, and providing the necessary infrastructure for inclusive and resilient distance learning
To achieve these objectives, the action plan defines two priority areas:
1)Promote the development of a highly effective digital education ecosystem.
- digital infrastructure, connectivity and equipment
- effective digital capacity planning and development, including up-to-date organizational capabilities
- teachers and education and training staff with digital skills and confident in their use high-quality learning content, user-friendly tools and secure platforms that respect e-privacy rules and ethical standards
2) Reinforce digital skills and abilities for digital transformation
- Basic digital skills and abilities from an early age
- Digital literacy, including fighting misinformation
- Computer education
- Good knowledge and understanding of data-intensive technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI)
- Advanced digital skills, which produce more digital experts
- Ensuring that girls and young women are equally represented in digital studies and careers
The Portuguese teachers participating in the GoodDeeds Project are actively collaborating for the success of the Action Plan for Digital Education, and preparing their students for the future!
For more information: https://education.ec.europa.eu/pt-pt/focus-topics/digital-education/action-plan